A Raritan original and a flagship product that remains a popular favorite among many hard core boaters. The Crown Head was originally developed with a macerator similar to a garbage disposal and was well renowned for being very reliable no matter what was thrown down it. Back in the day it was original equipment on most major manufacturers.
In 1990 the original macerator was replaced by a more efficient and slightly quieter centrifugal discharge macerator. Although no longer advertised the Crown Head and Crown Head II are still built today by request. The biggest sales come from an exchange program developed back in the 1970’s to allow owners to purchase a re-built unit as a lower cost than an entire new unit.
Even today Raritan still offers an exchange program so that Crown Head owners can upgrade their older units to a new lower base assembly. The Crown Head with it’s full bronze base and integral impeller intake pump remain a favorite of many charter and houseboats.
- Straight Discharge
- Built in deodorant system that also lubricates all of the Crown Head's working parts
- Front access to the macerator, a removable intake pump and a motor cover make the crown head exceptionally simple to maintain by offering quick and easy access to the components.
- Suitable for demanding boaters who want reliability and low maintenance on any size vessel
- Classic, proven, dependable design that has continually been improved
- Efficient flushing action includes powerful centrifugal macerating pump
- Simple and flexible installation for mounting above or below waterline
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Can be used with on-board treatment systems (such as the LectraSan®) and/or holding tanks
- Each unit is assembled by hand, individually tested and backed by Raritan's 1-year Limited Warranty and legendary technical support team